Stalker Clear Sky Artifact
There are 56 Artifacts of 25 different types that can be collected in the game. It is possible to play the game without collecting the artifacts but collecting and selling the artifacts, does make it easier to purchase and upgrade the armour, weapons and other items needed to survive. There is only 1 artifact that the player must collect and that is the Compass Artifact, from Forester, as part of the main game mission. Artifacts spawned by anomalies are usually invisible until a Detector is used by the player, but occasionally an artifact can be seen jumping about in an anomaly field from a distance. There are 3 types of detector that will detect different groups of artifacts. Usually each artifact will be found at a single location but occasionally 2 artifacts can be found at the same single location, or at least within the same anomaly field.
Stalker Clear Sky Artifact
When retrieving artifacts from anomalies it will be found that there are varying levels of difficulty depending on many different factors. The following list will give some idea of the types of difficulty encountered when collecting an artifact from an anomaly:
The list of artifacts after the location description, refer to the artifacts that the mentioned anomaly can spawn but only one of the artifacts listed can usually be collected in any single location in any single game. In a new game the same type of artifact or one of the different types of artifacts from the anomaly group will be spawned. The artifacts are not listed in any particular order.
4. In Radiation hot spot under the railway bridge in the far northwest corner of the swamps. Note: the Radiation here is strong, so a good supply of Medkits and antiradiation drugs or a good suit with appropriate protective artifacts is required. - Gravi.
6. In Fault anomaly just northwest of the Machine yard. Note: the artifact can become lodged in one of the fissures, exit the anomaly field and return (sometimes works) or use a shotgun to dislodge the artifact. - Crystal, Eye, Fireball, Flame, Mama's Beads.
4. From the Stalkers at their base in the Cordon (the player has to join the Stalker Faction and capture the Depot in the Garbage from the Bandits. As part of the reward for capturing the Depot the player will receive an artifact) - Bubble.
4. In Gas anomalies in the small swamp that is situated southeast of the Depot (this is the same anomaly field as location 3. there are 2 artifacts that can be collected at this location) - Bubble, Firefly, Kolobok, Meat Chunk, Soul, Stone Blood.
Note regarding locations 3. and 4. :- the artifacts are usually found in different parts of the anomaly field but occasionally they will be spawned next to each other. If this happens one of the artifacts might sink into the ground and be unattainable. Provided the player has not saved the game at this point, exiting the game and reloading the level should solve this.
8. In Whirligig anomalies just northeast of the eastern exit to the Cordon Note: the artifact can become stuck in the hill here or remain suspended in the air, keep prodding the anomalies until the artifact falls to the ground. - Various artifacts.
Note regarding locations 9. and 10. :- The player will have to capture the Depot from the Bandits to unlock the room by the trader and collect the 2 artifacts in the strongbox. The player can capture the Depot on their own or join the Stalker Faction and get a reward plus the Bubble Artifact for capturing the Depot.
1. In Fault anomaly southeast of the small swamp which is situated just south of Freedom base. Note: the artifact can become lodged in one of the fissures, exit the anomaly field and return (sometimes works) or use a shotgun to dislodge the artifact. - Eye, Flame, Gravi, Goldfish, Mama's Beads, Wrenched.
4. In Gas anomaly on top of the three large storage tanks on the east side of Freedom base. Note: the artifact can remain inside the storage tank, exit the area and return from a different direction - Bubble, Firefly, Kolobok, Meat Chunk, Soul, Stone Blood.
5. In Electro anomalies just inside the west wall of Freedom base - Enter the main building in Freedom base and go up the stairs on the left to the first floor, jump on the crates in the corner and climb through the window, jump down into the alleyway below and follow it around to the Electro anomalies by the wall. If the player keeps to the walls on their right on the way to the artifact they will avoid most of the Radiation and Electro anomalies. The Comet anomaly and the Backpack in the elevator stash can also be reached from this area. Note: There are two main ways to exit this area. You can jump over the wall from the guard tower in the corner - There's a stash in a lockbox up here. Alternatively you can turn right past the anomaly onto the grass, around the corner of the building and into an alleyway. There are a pair of walls to the north, one collapsed against the other, that you can crawl between to bring you just west of the main building. - Battery, Flash, Moonlight, Shell, Snowflake, Sparkler.
6. In Whirligig and Vortex anomalies in Radiation hot spot at the south exit to the Great Swamps. Note: The artifact usually rolls down the slope. Disturbing the anomalies seems to trigger the release of the artifact. - Various artifacts.
1. In Electro anomalies in Radiation hot spot just inside the east gate of the Factory. Note: the artifact can become lodged in the junk here, use a shotgun to dislodge it. - Battery, Flash, Moonlight, Shell, Snowflake, Sparkler.
5. On a small island in the swamp south of the Factory. Same location as #4. The player can only get this artifact as a mission from a Stalker in a small camp to the east of the Factory (only available if the player has joined the Stalker Faction at the Stalker base in the Cordon) - Scarlet Flower.
2. In Whirligig anomalies below the cliff just north of the Monolith helicopter camp which is just west of the Monolith stronghold in the northeast corner of the area. Note: the artifact can sometimes be thrown or roll down the slope into the strongly defended helicopter camp. - Various artifacts.
3. In Gas anomalies on the south side of the swamp situated just northeast of the Military base. Note: if the artifact jumps into the concrete pipe it can be really difficult to get it out again, one method is to use a shotgun to blast it out of the pipe. - Bubble, Firefly, Kolobok, Meat Chunks, Soul, Stone Blood.
4. In Gas anomalies inside the hut in the swamp situated just northeast of the Military base. The player can only get this artifact as a mission from a Stalker in the Army Warehouses district. - Meat Chunk.
3. From a Stalker in the small camp just to the west of the exit to the Garbage. The player can only get this artifact after completing a mission to go with the Stalkers to the Devilish Encampment, the player must protect the Stalkers on the way to the camp. Talk to the Stalker after completing the mission. - Gravi.
5. In Vortex anomalies just southwest of the tunnel entrance to the Devilish Encampment valley. (this is the same anomaly field as location 4. there are 2 artifacts that can be collected at this location) - Goldfish, Gravi, Wrenched.
7. In Symbiont anomaly inside claw-shaped rock formation by the Devilish Encampment. (this is the same anomaly field as location 6. there are 2 artifacts that can be collected at this location) - Eye, Fireball, Flame, Goldfish, Gravi, Wrenched, Stone Flower.
Note regarding locations 6. and 7. :- in the Symbiont anomaly an artifact can become lodged in the rock claws above the anomaly, the rock claws will have to be climbed and a shotgun used to dislodge the artifact. An artifact can also be thrown out of the Symbiont anomaly quite a distance, even as far as the cliffs around the valley, therefore a thorough search of the valley might be required to find the artifact.
8. In Whirligig anomalies and Radiation hot spots by the military Tank north of the Devilish Encampment. Note: the anomaly field covers a large arc shaped area from the west of the tank around to the north of the tank and then around to the east of the tank. The artifact can be spawned anywhere in this large anomaly field and will have to be searched for by the player. - Various artifacts.
12. From a Stalker (Leshiy) after completing the mission to capture the bridge to Limansk. Note: The player will have to protect members of Leshiy's team from snipers on the hill and Leshiy will give a reward of an Artifact for doing this. After the speech on the west side of the bridge talk to Leshiy. (Leshiy should then go to the lookout tower on the east side of the bridge and remain there for a while, he should then stay for a while in a small camp on the west side of the road leading to Yantar. This should give the player plenty of time to collect the artifact reward from Leshiy but be aware that he will leave the Red Forest at some point) - Eye, Flame, Kolobok, Soul.
Artifacts can usually (but not always) be found near or in the anomalies, but unlike SoC they don't appear before you almost step on them so you have to get real close. It's kind of tricky but the detector with the led display is quite helpful here. Once you home in on an artifact, walk right up to it and it should appear.
In Clear Sky, how do you equip artifacts? My current vest says it has two pouches for artifacts, but I cannot find any way to actually equip them. There is no place to drag and drop the artifacts - there are no open slots or spaces for the artifacts, pressing the default load artifact button (7) does not work, and pressing "use" after selecting the artifact does not work. So how do you use the artifacts?
You can make your life easier as far as artifacts hunting, by going to the secret cave in the NW area of the swamps; there you will find the ultimate in detectors: the Veles model. It will give you a much more accurate detection on the display. If you activate it in the cave you will also find a "Gravi" artifact in a bucket nearby. You will still need to be careful negotiating the anomalies, but you will be able to be more precise as to the position of the artifact.